1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Are Top 100 Clubs Waiting?

Discussion in 'General' started by GRACIE, Apr 15, 2018.

1. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

Can anyone IN a top 100 club PLEASE explain why they are now waiting 2 or 3 days to start events? Is that 1st place trophy that important that you have to play little teams with no chance? My team is down to 10 people now and we are forced to start late every event to TRY TO avoid these teams. We were even paired up with a top 5 team Pretty little winners 1 event and we waited 3 days to start. This event we are up against CLUB SUPERNOVA that placed 54th last event.
    Isn' there SOMEWAY to make all the top 100 teams play ONLY against other top 100 teams? Ya all are going to lose a lot of players if it doesn' change. My group loves the battle, but when your against the top 100s it's NO BATTLE for them it' an easy slaughter and it's NOT FAIR I don' mind saying that.
    I have a great club with great players and frankly everyone' losing heart.We literally started a few hours ago and CLUB SUPERNOVA is already 28k ahead.
    Can Someone PLEASE explain these clubs to me?

2. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

Sorry if this post broke any rules of the forum, but I'd seriously like to know why from anyone who can tell me. THANKS

Dacollari2 likes this.
  3. nstarz

nstarz Villager

Can you show a screen shot. How. Long did you delay?

4. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

We just started this morning, and I will ask someone tomorrow how to do a screenshot lol

5. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

Their score at moment 100271 us in 2nd 21380 ridiculous

6. JAAP

JAAP New in town!

I second Gracie's motion. Let the big Cheeses battle amongng themselves and give us small fry a chance.

Dacollari2 likes this.
  7. mauie

mauie New in town!

Pic attached.

Attached Files:

8. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

Nstarz, Mauie above posted our score board, as you can see the club is fighting hard but doesn’t stand a chance.

9. nstarz

nstarz Villager

How long did you wait to start?

10. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

I believe event started the 15th we started afternoon of the 17th THINKING we would avoid this situation again, guess not

11. JAAP

JAAP New in town!

We also started after 2 days. Current score in our pool is:1) 396k, 2) 186k, 3) 103k, 4) 66k and us 5th with 33k.

12. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

I’m guessing you have a top 100 team in there as well. It’s BS

13. DoingtheDEW

DoingtheDEW Villager

Screenshot_20180418-110646_Food Street-1110x540.jpg Screenshot_20180418-110741_Food Street-1110x540.jpg Screenshot_20180418-110646_Food Street-1110x540.jpg

You're never going to rank high with only a team of 10 people. You need a full house or you'll never stand a chance. You also said you weren't sure when the event started. If you dont even know that, how can you have a strategy to delay and be successful? Recruit on here and via FB pages. Talk to other members and owners and see what strategies they use. My group hasn't lost a first place in almost 2 years. We play, and play hard.

14. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

Well since you are a top 100 team why don’t you tell us why you guys wait?.. I know when the event started but was typing in the middle of the night so a bit groggy thank you. And that full team crap is a crock, we were in the top 100 3 times with a crew of 11 many sleepless nights involved, we will have a good crew again and do it again, but I think I’m still allowed to voice my opinion on these 100 teams freely. But thank you ever so much for your post. Would love to hear you answer why 100s are waiting ....

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    Dacollari2 likes this.
  15. DoingtheDEW

DoingtheDEW Villager

We still need to compete too. We started waiting a long while ago to let the gemmers andpowerhouses battle it out. We've found a time window that works for us, and we havent changed it since. We also play hard and no slacking is allowed. My members do NOT buy gems, nor is it encouraged. We play the old fashioned way with skill and just general know how. It is a game after all, strategy is still needed. My group has been around since almost the beginning of the game, so I've been able to fine tune my and their game play. Some members I've had for a long time and they're great mentors as well. So sleepless nights shouldn't be an issue if everyone is competing effectively, unless you choose to compete that way on your own.

You asked, I commented. No need to give flack and "crap" comments as you so nicely wrote.

Pics are of us at day 4 of competing. A decent handful of my members are also on a top 20 team over on Home Street and are tearing it up over there too. You just need to know the games and how to play it. Screenshot_20180419-070446_Food Street-1110x540.jpg Screenshot_20180419-070456_Food Street-1110x540.jpg

16. GRACIE

GRACIE New in town!

Yea ok,

17. Dacollari2

Dacollari2 Villager

It was interesting reading Gracie and DoingTheDew

I appreciate both perspectives...I have a small club (14) and we’re trying to find a good strategy. DoingtheDew I think I understand where you’re coming from AND definitely understand Gracie as I’m in her shoes. The top 100 is a total of all scores regardless of when started or where placed in their matchup

GRACIE likes this.
  18. Heather's Heaven

Heather's Heaven New in town!

The quickest simplest answer is to get a gold trophy. I would love to have a more evenly matched board. Unfortunately from prior experience if my club were to start immediately inevitably we would get paired with a top 20 team. While we may sometimes make the top 100 list I know we wont make the top 20 nor will we be able to keep up with them if they are on the leader board with us. My team if they did not delay would end up with a top 20 team and as you say get slaughtered. The top 20 team would be 100k, 200k, 300k ahead of us. So, some top 100 teams especially those lower on the 100 list are delaying in an attempt to get a scoreboard more evenly matched and sometimes they do and sometimes they end up just like that picture you showed very far ahead. There is no secret meeting where clubs tell other clubs when they are going to start so, we just have to guess when will be good for us to start sometimes it comes out a fair fight for the gold and sometimes it doesn't. However, not delaying would almost guarantee we would get no trophy. So many clubs are delaying now that it's making it much harder to get a close race. Your only recourse here is to message food street and let them know you would like them to change how the leader boards are set up. Many have suggested that instead of getting paired up with clubs that hit 5k at the same time, to pair clubs up based on number of club members at the time and then in order to keep clubs from having people leave and then re-join after the event starts foodstreet can make it so that if you start with say 10 players than add more than two players your leaderboard would change again pairing you with other teams that have 12 members to make it fair again.

19. nstarz

nstarz Villager

I don't think any changes to the game engine will be made. It would mean they would have to change how they calculate database.

Chef challenge could be changes too. But I see the system isn't stable as sometimes things are matched up.

20. Heather's Heaven

Heather's Heaven New in town!

I don't think they will change anything either. However, emailing them doesn't hurt anything and only takes a few minutes. Every once in a great while they do make a change, even if I don't think they will for this.