1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We want your input! - which seasonal quests would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Wolfberry, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

Hello Adventurers :)

We are looking for your thoughts and suggestions for more seasonal quests in Adventure Town.

Which seasonal occasions would you like to see to be turned into a questline? What should the storyline be and which tasks would you prefer to see?

Which rewards would you like most for such questlines?

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!

Saibot and yuckiesoba like this.
  2. Saibot

Saibot Villager

Hallow's Eve / Samhain - Witches broom weapon? Cauldron armor? Bat-shield? Skull hat?
    Dia de Muertos - Skeleton armor (to match the skull hat?), bone-dragon shield (to match the armor?), Whale-bone weapon?

Ach! I just remembered that there is a cultural taboo for the display of bared bones in certain places where this game is available. As much as I would love to see skeletal costumes, I don't know how well that could translate into each region (alternate skins for regional versions, perhaps?)

Mayday! Call me colorful, but I would really like to see more floral attire. Braided flower headband? Tulip-gown or bloomers? Berry-thorn club? Leaf-petal shield?
    April Fool's Day: jester cap!

.. ok, that's enough from me. I am trying to cut-back on wall-o-texting.

3. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

Great, thanks :)

Yes, this is a brainstorming thread to gather ideas and input :) We can not guarantee that everything you suggest will make it into the game, for example due to cultural taboos as you mentioned, but we definitely want to dig into your brain juices to get more seasonal quests going in the long run :)

4. yuckiesoba

yuckiesoba New in town!

wolfberry,

could you make a helm instead of hats? hehe it would be nice if those heroes were wearing helms :)

5. yuckiesoba

yuckiesoba New in town!

and also me and my friends were suggesting if you could put a lot more quests?

thanks wolfberry :)

Saibot likes this.
  6. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

You mean full cover helmets? :) I am not sure if we do not already have a couple to be honest, but I forward the suggestion :)

The request to add more regular quests as well I have already forwarded, yes :)

7. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

St. Patrick's Day seasonal quest has launched :)

Saibot likes this.
  8. Fraggle

Fraggle Villager

The team may already have something sorted for Easter?

I was thinking maybe we have to kill off the Giga Wabbits so the Easter Bunny can come to town and deliver the chocolate Easter eggs, and the bakery would need some restocking for all the chocolate required. Maybe have an 'Easter Bonnet' hat too for completing the task.

9. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

Yes, Fraggle we have some more seasonals already waiting in line :)

General Disclaimer: Please do NOT forward the time on your device to check them out. It will break the guardian, shops, bounty board and heroes healing times among other things and you might be in for a long wait afterwards before you can do anything again.

10. Mystic X

Mystic X Villager

Just wanted to say i'm enjoying the "April fools"-event a lot, this is step 3/5:

[​IMG]
    Behold: WAR OF THE PASTRIES!!! :p

11. tensai10

tensai10 Villager

Where is the lord of the pranks? Damn... im always getting 1 hit'd by the enemies... oh.. btw...its seasonal quest 5/5

12. Mystic X

Mystic X Villager

The lord of the pranks is a random one of all the jester-guys wandering around ( not sure if it's somehow visible which one), the "fake" lords of the pranks 1-shot your heroes, the real one keels over and dies in one hit himself.

I got lucky, the second jester i attacked was the lord of the pranks, shame that he didn't give a jester's hat though, but i shouldn't look a gift hat in the mouth, or something like that :p

13. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

NEW QUESTS! Easter's arriving in Adventure Town! Check out the Easter Eggs, Bunny Ears, Chicks, Chocolate.. and more! Available now!

:)

A little bug snuck in on that questline: a little text-related bug in part 3/5 in the Easter Quests. Instead of "Collect Daily Reward" in the first requirement, it should say "Restock Shops". Hopefully you'll see it when you get to the 3rd part of the quests - the icon shown is for restocking shops. It wont stop your progress, so happy Easter Egg hunting!

Now that Easter is rolling the eggs around in Adventure Town (do not step on the little chicks!) what would be the next seasonal quest you would like to see?

disturbed1 likes this.
  14. hunter

hunter New in town!

how about cinco de mayo? is it too late to get a sombrero?

15. Saibot

Saibot Villager

Let's see.. easter takes us to mid-april.
    Beltane? between 30 April to 01 May, could pick up at the end of Easter Quest. (similar to maypole celebrations) Reference this LINK or this LINK
    I like the cinco de mayo idea Hunter! That gets us the first half of May
    After that is Mother's Day for the second half of May

Then there's June. Nothing happens in the first half of June.. Father's Day is towards the end. Hm, maybe we could have a random event, like "Adventure Town Day", where a bunch of Goons and Raccoons infiltrate the city and try to take berries from the Wolves.

June Faire is pretty popular in the SCA around my neck of the woods (medieval recreation stuff). Might be an inspiration to mimic a similar event described as, "armored combat,rapier, archery, thrown weapons, the stellar Arts & Sciences village, bardic performances, and a bustling marketplace". :p

Random gamer and disturbed1 like this.
  16. Orion

Orion Villager

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    Seleas, vtmima and Saibot like this.
  17. hunter

hunter New in town!

why would having 2 quests going for 2 different holidays be a crime? - also remember that june has a Friday the 13th! I bet you can have some fun with that

blnknEve, Mystic X, tensai10 and 2 others like this.
  18. zeliop

zeliop Villager

Could we put quests in where if you go into the dungeon or a layer, that we can actually fight in there versus sending guys in for 12 hours? That kinda keeps me away from the game when my best guys are not able to be used for 12 hours or so?.

19. zeliop

zeliop Villager

Also, is it possible to add like rain or sun or snow? Causing mobs to change out.Ex. snow would bring out Bob cats and snowman and jedis to kill and or rain would bring out slugs and rats and mosquitos etc?

20. zeliop

zeliop Villager

I wish I knew how the world is with creating a game app like this. I know pocket legends was cool.but did not like how you cannot customize your hero like this game can.