1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for next update. cast your votes!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by lostlimit, Jun 11, 2014.

1. lostlimit

lostlimit Villager

So I went through the entire thread for "Room for improvement" and picked out the ideas/suggestions that people have came up with and would like for future updates. However, this thread will focus mainly on suggestions that people would like to see happen for the next immediate update. Some of them might be repeats or very similar. If I missed some idea, or if they need some changes, please let me know and I'll add/fix it. Since the forum only allowed for 10 polls per thread and there are so many ideas to add, I decided to do the voting system my way, which is the standard tallying.

Below are the suggestions that people have pointed out for the game. Since there are so many to choose from and I'm not sure how many the devs can implement per update, so please choose only 5 of the possible choices. You can either post your choices here by selecting the numbers next to each idea, or if you want to be anonymous, PM me. Please only vote ONCE with your 5 choices since it will be impossible for me to keep track of who have already voted. I'll keep this update daily as much as possible.

CURRENT TOP 3 CHOICES:
    4. Increase payout on building upgrades.
    8. Selling/trading of the collectibles.
    17. Option for mass purchases of equipments and fusing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Food/items to heal your heroes.

2. Decouple the Gold-XP system. Make it such that only killing monsters gives XP.

3. Develop the crafting system so that it allows us to craft equipment for our heroes

5. Allow heroes to level up and have their own unique stats, abilities or preferred weapon type with bonuses .

6. Item and bestiary encyclopedia (including monsters item drops and stats)

7. Star system to showcase quality/rarity of equipments. (Ex. 1 star=low quality, 5 star=best) and allow high-quality item to look like low-quality ones.

9. Storage for buildings.

10. Larger variety of times for the farm. (Ex. 30min, 2hr crops, etc)

11. A cancel option for crops.

12. Icon above monster to indicate its being selected or attacked.

13. Include seconds for count-down timer on crops/dungeons.

14. Increase the gold amount and item drop-rate from monsters.

15. Increase the gold amount from leveling Guardian statue.

16. 360 degree vertical view, including full view of town.

17. Option for mass purchases of equipments and fusing.

18. Balancing between your town level and monster level/damage.

19. Daily quests that cost gold to attempt but give random rewards with a max. success rate of 50%.

20. Include monster weaknesses.

21. More character customization options (ex. skin color)

22. Lower the bounty board timer.

23. Be able to switch between heroes directly instead of back button.

24. More monster variety. Weather/time system + weather/time-type monsters. (Ex. ghosts/goblins only appear at night).

25. Customization of fusing items.

28. Multi-step side quests.

29. Stacking of equipments.

30. Instant sell option upon opening chest.

31. Pets

32. Online interactions/ PvP / Party quests.

33. Help Menu

34. Gold equivalent for diamond-costed equipment

35. More building space

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  2. wan.nanda

wan.nanda Villager

Cool and nice work @lostlimit ! This thread should be sticky. to start of the vote; mine goes to;
    11. A cancel option for crops.
    16. 360 degree vertical view. (this refer to fullscreen view for town screenshot, am i right?)
    24. More monster variety (#24, #26 and #27; the appearance of monster rotates from time to time)
    27. Weather system + weather-type monsters.

btw #7. Confirmation box when using diamonds. already been done by dev. (+1 to that)

Edited: my last vote is;
    19. Daily quests that cost gold to attempt but give random rewards with a max. success rate of 50%.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  3. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

Awesome collection thanks :) I will stickify it!

And yes, 7 has been implemented with the last update :)

danny likes this.
  4. Mystic X

Mystic X Villager

I would like the equipment/fusing system to be a bit more clear, for instance, i would like to be able to see what quality an item is at a glance, maybe with stars (With starter items being 1 star and ultimate being 5 stars), right now it's a matter of checking the maximum level of an item, but the star system adds some possibilities like:

Sort item list by quality
    When fusing weapons, a "Fuse all items up to X stars" (Most likely 3 stars), to speed up the mass-fusing required once equipment passes level 10 :p

Also, using that system it might be possible to implement what has been asked before: allow high-quality items to look like low-quality ones (For matching sets and such), so if you take a 1-star item and fuse a 5-star item with it, the item becomes a 5-star item (With all the stat benefit that comes with it)

5. lostlimit

lostlimit Villager

I combined #24, 26, and 27 as suggested by wan.nanda. Replaced #7 with "Star system to showcase quality/rarity of equipments. (Ex. 1 star=low quality, 5 star=best) and allow high-quality item to look like low-quality ones" as suggested by Mystic X.

Also, since I combined your 3 choices into 1, please vote for 2 more wan.nanda ;)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    danny and wan.nanda like this.
  6. GODOFGOD

GODOFGOD New in town!

I need bigger dragon ^^

Thagrahn and Saibot like this.
  7. zeliop

zeliop Villager

I think I'm loosing interest in this game now.The big part I enjoy is multilayer interaction.
    Someone mentioned this before but without multilayer I don't think this will be " The Game " for me.
    In my opinion, it is how I am feeling at this point.

Many others like it for how it is, which is great.
    I will log on to play every other day or so when before , when I started I was on like all day long.
    Now everything just takes forever to level.

Z

8. Saibot

Saibot Villager

If I could only pick five, I think? I'd choose these:

9. Storage for buildings.
    16. 360 degree vertical view, including full view of town.
    25. Customization of fusing items.
    29. Stacking of equipments.

Difficult choices! So many good ideas over the past 6 months! ;)

danny likes this.
  9. lostlimit

lostlimit Villager

Votes updated.

@zeliop: I agree with you that the game is starting to get pretty dull. Been waiting anxiously for an update for new contents, and hopefully we'll get some online interaction in the near future.

10. Leepinlizardz

Leepinlizardz Villager

Maybe I'm just easily amused, but even with no new content I have enough goals to accomplish that the game isn't getting dull.

I am working on maxing out my heroes' equipment so they can fight more monsters per day. It is satisfying when I can finally raise a shield or something to level 20.

11. Tatterskin

Tatterskin Villager

I feel the same way, when I finally get an adventurer's item maxed, I do a little happy dance:D

Just what is online play going to fix? Saibot said it best in the strand for pvp, two completely same characters, same stats hitting away hoping for the misses to be in their favor. The game would need a total overhaul and then it would not be adventure town.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  12. Random gamer

Random gamer Villager

So many to choooooose from!! I've narrowed it down to:

Either: 5. Allow heroes to level up and have their own unique stats, abilities or preferred weapon type with bonuses .
    Or: 2. Decouple the Gold-XP system. Make it such that only killing monsters gives XP.
    (5 would be way more fun, while 2 alone would solve the town-monster-level frustration.)

10. Larger variety of times for the farm. (Ex. 30min, 2hr crops, etc)

[[But I'd also like to add one that isn't on the list: cost of killing monsters is a bit exorbitant - if you're trying to save up to level a shop or buy more equipment, then sending your heroes out to fight just drains your money. If you're fighting to try to gain elixir it's even worse, because you have to spend all that gold and basically kill all of your heroes for a few bottles. I do realise that implementing #4 might solve this problem by covering the cost more effectively - so this paragraph should just be considered a rant I suppose.]]

Re online battles:

Andro Gynus, Tatterskin and Saibot like this.
  13. lostlimit

lostlimit Villager

@Random gamer: since you get 5 votes total, you may vote for both #2 and #5, which I tallied in for you :)
    As for the cost of killing monsters, I think #14 (Increase the gold amount and item drop-rate from monsters.) would balance that out.

For online interactions, I don't just want it for PvP purposes because as of now, it is pointless with every hero having exact same stats. What I want is for party quests/dungeons mostly. An idea would be to have party dungeons that would require a party to complete (you can do it alone but it would be extremely unlikely that you succeed). You can only select 1 of your heroes to join in the party dungeons. This way you can have a party consisting of several heroes from different players. Also, the harder the party dungeon, the better the rewards. Additionally, if the dev want to spice it up, the dungeon will take place in a separate setting/map where the players can actually control their heroes in the dungeons, choosing which monsters to attack (ofc the monsters will be aggressive so you can't just run past them) with a boss at the end that drops a rare loot.

Saibot and Random gamer like this.
  14. danny

danny New in town!

Number 16 gets my vote. Doesn't matter of I'm on iPad or Android phone I cannot see my whole town

15. danny

danny New in town!

Thanks lostlimit.

16. Tatterskin

Tatterskin Villager

An add-on,"Adventure Town: The Dungeon" could possibly be the online fix, where you import one of your adventures to fight the good fight, but I still don't think it will fix the boredom problem many seem to have.

The simplicity of the game is a big plus for many of us, get your little guy, kill monster ,get little guy leveled up, kill more monsters, rinse and repeat, buy little shop/house, level little shop/house, rinse repeat, but the simplicity is what bores many of the gamers that are used to much more action.

I love the fact that the Devs don't bait us into spending real cash, for an example: a purple cow in FarmVille. I mean all that shows is that you had 5 dollars to waste to look cooler than someone that didn't have that money to throw away. I love the fact that I don't have hundreds of people on a friends list that send me begging spam for a rock, log,etc etc and then my Facebook gets filled up with pictures of someone's knee surgery or vacation pics. When I played Hayday I never got to see anything else on my Facebook just blocks and blocks of begging spam.

To be honest boredom hits every game, that's why there are thousands of games and why I have about thirty on my iPad . The Devs really seem to be listening and they are very generous with the diamonds. I mean every diamond they give away is money out of pocket for them. They also are politely pushing players to kill more monsters with the new quests (the kill 100 or 300 monsters to complete the quest), which needs to happen to get the element stones and bloodstones. Maybe the rate of drop needs to be a little more balanced but come on you kill the monster to get the drop, a basic step of any game like this.

I like the idea of customization for adventurer and items, it would add more individuality to the game. I have maxed most of the crafted items so they sit uselessly in inventory, maybe some quests that use them up for gold or other goodies, that seems a weak area to me.

Lost limit has done an excellent compilation of most of the complaints on the board and I thank you for the time you have spent on this.

17. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

Indeed, Tatterskin is right, thank you lostlimit :)

Also some very good points again Tatterskin, which I will forward. I like the expansion idea to add online content!

18. tashigiri

tashigiri New in town!

Agree with lost limit..
    I vote no.4, 5, 8, 11, 22, 23, 30, 32, 33 (for newbies).
    Hope next update the dev can grant our vote.. :)

Saibot likes this.
  19. iamironman

iamironman Villager

Mine is 5, 9, 6, 21, 31. Go ATT!

Saibot likes this.
  20. iamironman

iamironman Villager

Hey may I add the gold equivalent for diamond-costed equipment? :)