1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imbalance: earth, wind, fire, water gems.. and bloodstone

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Saibot, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Saibot

Saibot Villager

So I am level 45 now. In that time, I have unlocked a lot of things, with the exception of the last two heroes, and 4 land plots.

These last items that I have to unlock require a total of 8 chaos spells, and 8 calm spells. This is going nicely, as I have acquired 11 Fire gems, 6 Wind gems, 10 Earth gems, and 8 Water gems. I can even justify using some of these for the daily crafting quest, should a chaos or calm spell be the exchange requirement! That's good.

I have no troubles with Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water gems.

Bloodstones, however, are a HUGE bottleneck. I need Bloodstones to upgrade pretty much every shop to level 6. I also need Bloodstones to upgrade houses to level 5 or 6.

I need level 5 and 6 houses, and level 6 shops to unlock these last 2 heroes.

I have ZERO Bloodstones. I've used 4 total, if I recall correctly. That tells me that the drop-rate of Bloodstones as random loot is in severe disparity, compared to others. As example, the Water gem is needed quite a bit in early game, and I have used many of them. I have an excess in my inventory now, even after their use. The demand for Bloodstones is MUCH greater, and the inventory (drop-rate) is less than 33% of the Water gem.

So, I am disappointed that in order to unlock these last two heroes, that I will need at least 11 more Bloodstones. Given the drop rates, where I have found 4 Bloodstones after 6,500 kills, I will need to kill about 18,000 more enemies in order to get all of the Bloodstones that I need. That will take me 3 months of playing daily for about 10 hours a day, or about 1,000 hours of game play (roughly 42 days of continuous, 24-hours-a-day playing).

So, with these statistics in mind, please reconfigure the drop-rate for Bloodstones. It is insufficient for my needs, and has absolutely stopped all forward progress in the game, except for land expansions and building more level 5 shops, which will have minimal benefit to me.

I can't imagine how insane this would be for a casual gamer, who logs in once or twice a day. They likely would not see enough Bloodstones within the next 10 years.

As an option, we can purchase gems to negate the Bloodstone requirements. However, one of the best parts of this game is the reasonable ability to acquire ultimate gear, and progress, without spending money. Sure, it should take longer, but not months or decades. I think that I should see 20 Bloodstones within 10,000 total kills. That would be 1 Bloodstone per 500 enemies killed. That is more common than the other gems, but consider that players will need a LOT more Bloodstones than other gems in order to upgrade shops and houses. I won't see another level 6 dairy farm for a Looooong time. I have 16 of them, one is level 6. I need to use Bloodstones to satisfy the prerequisites on these last two heroes first, which as I stated, will take me about 3 months (or longer). Once that is done, I can finally upgrade another dairy farm. 16 dairy farms will take another 5 or 6 months.

So around this time next year, if I spend about half of my life in this game, I MIGHT have everything maxed-out. Well, I don't anticipate spending half of my life playing this game for a year. It is fun and new, for now. I am already losing interest because of this one thing: Bloodstones - and how I have none, and I need lots.

Suffice to say, this is a great game, and I can't discredit the entire experience based on one item. I do however think it needs serious attention. Please, improve the drop-rate of Bloodstones dramatically! .. and by dramatically, I mean more than 2 orders of magnitude. Go from the current estimated rate of 0.0006 to a better rate of 0.02 (or higher). Please. This_really_sucks. :(

Option 2: Give players the choice of rewards from Bounty Board quests:
    1 - progress stamps to earn diamonds
    2 - choose one of Bloodstone, Fire, Earth, Water, or Wind gem
    3 - random loot item or other nifty gimmick?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. tensai10

tensai10 Villager

Hey bro...just wandering, what level is your guardian? Is it maxed now?

Saibot likes this.
  3. Saibot

Saibot Villager

Level 7, after um, I think it was 5000 kills to get level 7?

I need 9000 total kills for level 8. Another player estimated that they think the guardian maxes out at level 10, after 20,000 kills or something. It's a lot! Haha. Keep at it, it's a grind, and if you can engage multiple characters in combat, it helps!

4. El Conquistador

El Conquistador New in town!

I'm at 1652 kills and 3 blood stones. Seems completely random to me. On the other hand, I have in my inventory 8 earth gems and 0 fire or water gems. I've only gotten the 2 water gems that I needed for the first warehouse and none since.

5. disturbed1

disturbed1 Villager

This is true, running out fast on upgrades. Seems they are very rare on drops lately.I seem to have plenty of all gems except blood stones.:(o_O:(

6. disturbed1

disturbed1 Villager

You also needs lots of wisdom.:rolleyes:
    As the villagers say, knowledge is power;)

Saibot likes this.
  7. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

I will forward this to have the bloodstone drop rate checked. Even if I am much slower in progress than you, Saibot, I can already tell, this might cause me to bite into my desk ;)

disturbed1 and Saibot like this.
  8. Saibot

Saibot Villager

Thanks Wolfberry, I hate to be negative because Bloodstones are really just one little thing in the game. Considering that everything else is working awesome, like smooth interfacing, minimal lag issues, good processing, batching, sorting, or whatever other computery-stuff goes on behind the scenes, this game is very well-produced. Please don't forget to thank the designers and your fellow crew for the great work they have done! Thank you, too, for your continued vigilance! :D

Kilkenny likes this.
  9. tensai10

tensai10 Villager

[​IMG]

After 8000 kills..only 12 bloodstones... I used 2 before...

Saibot likes this.
  10. disturbed1

disturbed1 Villager

Another thought, allowing the player to choose which gem to use, this would give the player a way to somewhat balance the gems they have.

Saibot likes this.
  11. Saibot

Saibot Villager

Yea, I'm approaching 9000 kills, still no new Bloodstones in the past 2500 kills. Time will tell, no harm to continue farming :p

12. Saibot

Saibot Villager

I have found 3 more Bloodstones now, all dropped from the last 750 monsters defeated. /happydance

Goon and tensai10 like this.
  13. disturbed1

disturbed1 Villager

I got 1 so far, looking for more.:D

14. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

We checked into this and from the looks of it, there is no bug or issue with the drop rate of Bloodstones as far as we can tell, however they are one of the most challenging drops to get from a monster. So since you got some more, Saibot, it really looks as if you had a streak of bad luck there for a while.

Since the Bloodstones are high on demand, we are looking into ways of giving you more chances to get them, for example with coming new quests as possible quest rewards in the future. (General Disclaimer: Please do not advance the time of your device to check out if you get more, this is not how this works, currently nothing has changed yet and you could break your game indefinitely doing so.)

15. Saibot

Saibot Villager

Thanks again Wolfberry. 9000 kills and 4 bloodstones had me a little concerned. Then, Bam! 3 more all of a sudden. Can't win 'em all.. lol

I found just enough to unlock the 2nd to last hero. Now I just need 7 more to upgrade 7 shops to level 6. Then FINALLY I will have that dadgum "NEW" icon out_of_my_town! I am developing a nervous twitch, every time I go to click a farm or something.. there's that f'in new guy, walking right under my finger. So annoying! My one, most important goal in this game is to get rid of the new character icons walking around my town. Absolutely HATE them.. and I can't get rid of them without all those Bloodstones. *goes insane* :confused:

Zelida and Kristono Sugiarto like this.
  16. tensai10

tensai10 Villager

Can you post the screenshot of the lvl35 characters requirement? Thanks

disturbed1 likes this.
  17. disturbed1

disturbed1 Villager

5- level 6 houses
    3- level 16 shields
    3- chaos spells
    75,000 gold

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  18. hunter

hunter New in town!

ive been going nuts farming for bloodstones. banging up the levels too fast. it is unfortunate that you are punished for playing more by making the monsters more difficult - I wanted to make this suggestion to the developers for the gem imbalance - perhaps an alchemy shop where for a bunch of elixirs you can convert a gem to another gem or bloodstone - for example I need lots of bloodstones and water gems - but I have 14 earth gems.

19. Wolfberry

Wolfberry Villager

That's an awesome idea, hunter. I will pass it along :)

20. Mystic X

Mystic X Villager

Maybe make it a function of the Elixir maker building? (Rename it "Alchemist's shop" or something maybe ), space is an even more limited commodity than the gems at my point of the game (Level 25)

disturbed1 likes this.